Farm & Food Care Ontario is seeking volunteers to help at our Breakfast on the Farm event. Outgoing and friendly volunteers are needed to welcome our keen visitors and set the tone from the moment they arrive at the farm until they have completed breakfast and the tour.
Date: Saturday June 22, 2019
Time: 7:30a.m. to 1:30p.m.
Where: Joblin family farm
We are asking that all volunteers arrive on site by 7:30a.m.on Saturday, June 22, 2019. Breakfast will be served to volunteers along with a brief in-service on the day's events (additional tickets for breakfast are not required, you will be counted with the volunteer registration).
Volunteers are expected to be appropriately dressed for the weather. This event will go ahead rain or shine. Volunteers will be given t-shirts to wear identifying them as volunteers.
Volunteers are expected to be in their assigned area for the duration of the event. A lead volunteer will be on site to assist and answer any of your questions.
Volunteers may be asked to assist with set up and clean up/tear down, depending on their assigned area.
There are a number of areas of the event that volunteers will be stationed at. The areas and a description of the duties are outlined below.
Parking & Shuttles:
- Assist guests with parking their cars and directing them to the welcome tent for further information.
- Park cars in an orderly fashion.
- Be on site to direct visitors.
- Check in guests and distribute maps of the farm.
- Hand out surveys to guests departing the event
- Regularly circulate the event grounds clearing trash, replacing garbage bags as required and disposing of trash in the specified location.
- Ensure that all visitors have finished eating before starting the farm tour. No food is permitted in the barn or in the farmyard area.
- Direct people to open seating in the food tent.
- Help restock supplies, i.e. coffee, juice, milk, maple syrup.
- Clear off tables and any garbage that accumulates.
Throughout the Barn/Farm:
- Help guests stay within the designated areas of the barn/farmyard.
- Direct people away from areas not included on the tour.
- Answer questions about animals, equipment, and farm practices.
Agriculture Display Booth Worker
- You are working for one of the booths in our agriculture display area, and have been selected by that booth already to work that day
Every effort will be made to place volunteers in their preferred locations for the event however the final decision will be made by the organizing committee.
Note that volunteers need to register as an event volunteer, this will entitle them to breakfast before the event is open to the public and a light lunch at the end of the event.
9700 County Road 46
N0R 1K0 ON